NCBF Partnership for Success Award Sets You Apart From The Herd
Partnership for Success Awards
NCBF Partnership for Success Award honors bar foundation initiatives that make a significant impact in their community on issues for which lawyers are uniquely positioned to lead. An underlying goal of this foundation initiative is to establish new partnership opportunities, or leverage existing ones, through the meaningful involvement and support from an affiliated bar association and other allied members of the legal community.
The winning program is recognized at the Annual Meeting of the National Conference of Bar Foundations, including a presentation about the program and its impact.
Criteria for selection of the Partnerships for Success Award are that the program:
- Is consistent with the NCBF guiding principles;
- Has a significant impact on the justice system or the community at large;
- Advances a foundation mission that has meaningful support from the association and/or its members;
- Engages other community partners (e.g., law firms, the courts, other legal organizations, other foundations supporting or developing law-related programs);
- Can serve as a model for other bar associations and/or foundations that could be replicated in some way; and
- Demonstrates meaningful involvement and support from the bar association, including (but not limited to):
- A formal joint initiative co-sponsored and co-administered by the association and foundation
- An initiative where the foundation is the lead entity but has the association's approval and which significantly involves association members in the work
- An association program funded by the foundation which also directly advances the foundation's mission
- A foundation program or collaborative that advances access to justice in partnership with service providers, the courts or organized philanthropy
All NCBF members are invited to submit nominations for this award. Nominations will be reviewed by the NCBF Awards Committee. Nominations should be in the form of an emailed letter with links or a letter with attachments describing how a bar foundation initiative nominated for the NCBF Partnership for Success Award meets the award criteria outlined above, and the impact this has made.
The deadline for nominations is June 30, 2023. Nominations should be directed to: NCBF Awards Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous Partnerships for Success Award Winners:
- 2022 - Allegheny County Bar Foundation
- 2021 - Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Foundation
- 2020 - California Lawyers Foundation
- 2019 - Springfield Metropolitan Bar Foundation
- 2018 - Austin Bar Foundation for the CANLAW Clinic
- 2017 - West Virginia Bar Foundation Student Legal Clinic Grant for the West Virginia College of Law
- 2016 - Military Spouse JD Network Foundation for Justice for Military Families (JMF)
- 2015 - North Carolina Bar Association Foundation for North Carolina Lawyers for Entrepreneurs Assistant Program (NC LEAP) and Inventor Assistance Program (IAP)
- 2014 - Philadelphia Bar Foundation for the Philadelphia Bar Foundation's Board Observer Program
- 2013 - Baton Rouge Bar Foundation for its Self Help Resource Center
- 2012 - Tarrant County Bar Foundation for its Texas Lawyers for Texas Veterans-TCBA Chapter
- 2011 - Milwaukee Bar Association Foundation for its Milwaukee Justice Center