Previous Award Programs
Here is a list of previous awards given by NCBF
The following distinguished members have received this recognition:
NCBF Fundraising for Success Award
The NCBF Fundraising for Success Award was established to honor excellence in bar foundation fundraising.
The Indianapolis Bar Foundation won the 2012 award for its Giving Level Improvement Initiative. The IBF encouraged those donors that were within reach of a higher giving level to increase their 2011 donation total.
Get more fundraising ideas from other award applicants:
NCBF Award for Bar Foundation Excellence in Public Service Programming
The NCBF Award for Bar Foundation Excellence in Public Service Programming, established in 1999, recognizes a bar foundation for an innovative, imaginative program and/or grant award for public service projects in the legal arena. The award honors a bar or law foundation for its creative response to important societal issues.
Winning entries from recent years include:
- 2010 Springfield (MO) Metropolitan Bar Foundation, "Love Them, Don't Leave Them Wondering," designed to assist individuals in understanding and completing medical directives.
- 2009 North Carolina Bar Association Foundation, "4ALL," a five-front program with a name that's a twist on "justice for all," and designed to involve all members of the legal profession in North Carolina.
- 2008 South Carolina Bar Foundation, "Alternatives to Incarceration," an initiative conducted by the South Carolina Center for Fathers and Families and funded by the bar foundation to serve non-violent, low-income fathers who are behind in child support payment
- 2007 Cincinnati Bar Foundation, "Out of the Crossfire," a gunshot violence intervention program created by the bar foundation
- 2006 Allegheny County Bar Foundation, "Attorneys Against Hunger," a greassroots campaign to raise money for hunger relief
NCBF-ALPS Foundation Services Award for Innovations in Fundraising
The NCBF-ALPS Foundation Services Award for Innovations in Fundraising was established to honor excellence in state and local bar foundation fundraising. Innovative fundraising techniques, from training board members to creating original programs, are important to successful fundraising.
Recognition of these efforts benefits all NCBF members by providing information on programs that work and can be replicated by other bar foundations.