News & Forums
NCBF April 2023 Newsletter
INTERESTED IN SERVING ON THE NCBF BOARD OF DIRECTORS?
Interested in serving as a leader on the National Conference of Bar Foundations Board of Directors? NCBF is seeking nominees for two one-year seats and one three-year seat on the NCBF Board, with terms starting in September, 2023.
To be eligible for service on the NCBF Board, a person must be an individual member of NCBF or a designated representative of an NCBF foundation member, and in either case, must be a member in good standing. The individual must have a strong commitment to the mission of NCBF and must be willing to commit to carrying out the duties and responsibilities summarized below.
NCBF is firmly committed to having its Board of Directors reflect diversity, equity and inclusion in every regard to the maximum extent practicable, including:
- Geographic location
- Type of NCBF members, including both bar foundation representatives and individual members, and both bar foundation professional staff and volunteer leaders; and
- Type of bar foundations, such as state, local, national and specialty; small and large; newer and established; those staffed solely by bar association staff and those with independent staff; and IOLTA and non-IOLTA foundations.
The National Conference of Bar Foundations advances the work of all types of bar foundations by:
Promoting the integral role of bar foundations in advancing law-related philanthropy to the organized bar, the larger legal community, and the philanthropic community; and
Serving as a clearinghouse and resource to assist bar foundations in carrying out their charitable missions.
The NCBF Board
NCBF is fortunate to have a diverse and talented group of individual members and foundation representatives serving on its Board. In a broad sense, the board’s responsibilities are to:
- Set both short-term and long-term strategic goals and directions and policies for NCBF,
- Build community awareness and support for NCBF’s mission,
- Help develop sufficient resources to carry out NCBF’s strategic goals and directions; and
- Provide oversight of NCBF’s finances, programs, and operations. The Board meets throughout the year and at an Annual Meeting. Board members also participate in Board teleconferences and serve on committees of the Board.
To nominate yourself or a colleague, please send a statement of interest and a brief biography to email@example.com by May 15, 2023.
SAVE THE DATE FOR THE 2023 NCBF ANNUAL MEETING
Save the date for the NCBF Annual Meeting: September 28-30, 2023, in Pittsburgh, PA, generously hosted by the Allegheny County Bar Foundation. Join NCBF for this outstanding opportunity to learn, network and share with bar foundation leaders from across the country. More details to come!
IT’S NOT TOO LATE TO RENEW YOUR NCBF MEMBERSHIP
National Conference of Bar Foundation’s annual membership renewals are past due, but you can still submit yours today if you have not already. With your support, together we will continue to advance the work of all types of bar foundations by advancing law-related philanthropy and serving as a resource clearinghouse. If you have not already, click here to renew today. Your continued membership with NCBF allows three people from each foundation to have login privileges to access all the membership resources, including a robust resource library, educational webinars, participation in the Member Connect information exchange, the monthly Foundation Forum newsletter, and the NCBF annual meeting.
NCBF WOULD LIKE TO FEATURE YOU
NCBF would like to feature the good work of bar foundations and their volunteers from across the country. If you have an exemplary program or volunteer you would like to feature in the Foundation Forum and NCBF social media, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NCBF MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
The April Member Spotlight shines on the Pima County Bar Foundation and their mission to to enhance access to justice, reward innovation in legal services and educational outreach, promote the highest ideals of professionalism and public service, and support the community endeavors of the Pima County Bar Association.