News & Forums
NCBF February 2023 Newsletter
MARCH 2ND SPECIAL MEETING OF NCBF MEMBERSHIP
NCBF members, join us for a special meeting, held virtually, Thursday, March 2, 2023, at 2:00 p.m. Eastern, to approve necessary amendments to the NCBF bylaws.
In accordance with the National Conference of Bar Foundations Bylaws, President Dan Burns notified all foundation members that a special meeting will occur on March 2, 2023, at 2:00 p.m. Eastern. The pending amendments to the bylaws were reviewed and approved by the NCBF Board of Directors during its January 13, 2023, meeting. The current NCBF bylaws are posted to the NCBF website here. Each foundation member is entitled to one vote. NCBF members can contact email@example.com for meeting access information and a listing of the amended provisions.
MEMBER BENEFITS WEBINAR RECORDING AVAILABLE
Did you miss last month’s NCBF webinar on Member Benefits? Check out the recording online to re-familiarize yourself with NCBF and learn how to navigate its website and other benefits. Learn all about these top reasons to be a part of NCBF.
- Our leadership and membership is a unique mix of bar foundation staff and volunteers working together
- Get social on social media
- Steal materials, lessons learned and ideas
- Ask a question and get answers from around the country
- Step out of your day-to-day and reenergize
- Keep current on the hot topics and how they apply to bar foundation world
- Participate in an amazing affordable annual meeting each year
- Witness the passing of the banana!
- Experience what others have found in the NCBF
- Meet the nicest group of people you could ever hope to meet!
MEMBER CONNECT RESPONSES AVAILABLE IN NCBF’S RESOURCE LIBRARY
Did you know responses to previous Member Connect questions submitted by NCBF members can be viewed online in NCBF’s Resource Library? Find information about a variety of topics, including these recently submitted questions:
- What topics do you recommend covering in board member training?
- If you have named funds established to give scholarships or support educational programs, etc., what kind of policies do you have?
- What information do you have about any projects your bar foundation has done with high school students to teach them about the importance of the Constitution and the law?
- Is there a strategic planning consultant you recommend that will facilitate a board retreat and draft an organizational strategic plan?
SAVE THE DATE FOR THE 2023 NCBF ANNUAL MEETING
Save the date for the NCBF Annual Meeting: September 28-30, 2023, in Pittsburgh, PA, generously hosted by the Allegheny County Bar Foundation. Join NCBF for this outstanding opportunity to learn, network and share with bar foundation leaders from across the country. More details to come in 2023!
IT’S NOT TOO LATE TO RENEW YOUR NCBF MEMBERSHIP
National Conference of Bar Foundation’s annual membership renewals are past due, but you can still submit yours today if you have not already. With your support, together we will continue to advance the work of all types of bar foundations by advancing law-related philanthropy and serving as a resource clearinghouse. If you have not already, click here to renew today. Your continued membership with NCBF allows three people from each foundation to have login privileges to access all the membership resources, including a robust resource library, educational webinars, participation in the Member Connect information exchange, the monthly Foundation Forum newsletter, and the NCBF annual meeting.
NCBF WOULD LIKE TO FEATURE YOU
NCBF would like to feature the good work of bar foundations and their volunteers from across the country. If you have an exemplary program or volunteer you would like to feature in the Foundation Forum and NCBF social media, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NCBF MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
The February Member Spotlight shines on the Bucks County Bar Foundation and their mission to promote and support programs, organizations, and individuals throughout Bucks County.