News & Forums
Save the Date | NCBF Membership Benefits Webinar | Wednesday, January 26, 2022
12:00 Noon ET / 11:00 AM CT / 10:00 MT / 9:00 AM PT
More details to come in the New Year
GOING TO KANSAS CITY…
The NCBF Board of Directors has made the decision to hold the NCBF Annual Meeting in Kansas City, MO in late July/early August 2022!
This important event will use a hybrid system with the in-person meeting being hosted by the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Foundation, in conjunction with the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association.
The usual schedule of events will be followed with arrival on Thursday, all-day education sessions on Friday followed by the NCBF group dinner with famous regional cuisine and concluding by 12:00 Noon CT with the half-day meeting on Saturday.
President-elect Dan Burns (New Haven Co., CT) and his Annual Meeting Committee will be working with the Program Committee and its Chairperson Lori Keating (OH) to have speakers and presentations on requested priority issues. They will also be confirming reasonable hotel room rates and an inflation-resistant registration fee for both in-person and virtual attendees.
More details coming to you in January!
NCBF BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The NCBF Board of Directors held its quarterly meeting on December 9 and made numerous decisions during its lengthy Zoom session, including:
- Selection of Baillie Hearne Milliken (TX) to replace Laura Powers (Philadelphia, PA), who resigned her position on the Board when she accepted a non-bar foundation position with a private business. Baillie is the Director of Development and has been active as a member of the NCBF Communications Committee.
- Selection of Martha Madrid (Orange Co., CA) to serve the remainder of the current fiscal year as NCBF Secretary. Martha is a valued Board member and served NCBF previously as Board Secretary.
- Approved Financial Report presentations by Treasurer Beth McElroy (Birmingham, AL), the accountant’s 2019-20 Financial Review, an updated Financial Processes Policy, and an Independent Audit proposal for the 2020-21 fiscal year.
- Approved changes in the NCBNF website presented by Communications Committee leader Sharra Wagner (Kansas City, MO), member retention success and member recruitment plans from Membership Committee Chairperson Martha Madrid, 2022 webinar schedule from Program Committee Chairperson Lori Keating, and actions by the Awards Committee (Beth McElroy), the Sponsorship Committee (Dan Burns) and the Nominating Committee, chaired by Immediate Past President Jim Huggler (Smith Co. TX).
Other Board leaders are Candice Pace (OK), who is presently on maternity leave, Tom Lynch (MD), who has been instrumental in successful membership renewal efforts, Hinda Carbon (Virgin Islands), who was unable to attend the meeting due to prior commitments, and Tom Tinder (WV). Meet the NCBF Board of Directors.
NCBF MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
The November NCBF Spotlight featured the Michigan State Bar Foundation (MSBF). The MSBF is an organization that was established in 1947 by lawyers and judges to help the legal profession meet its responsibilities to the public. For the first 40 years, the Foundation supported many worthwhile projects including judicial conferences, state law revision committees, jury instructions, and teacher training. Read more.
NEWEST MEMBER OF THE NCBF FAMILY
We are very pleased to announce the newest member of the NCBF family, Ila, the newborn child of NCBF Board Member Candice Pace (OK). Born on November 2, she weighed 7 lbs. 9 oz., and her length: 20.5 in.
What a beautiful photo of Candace and Ila! Candice reports that, except for a little sleep deprivation, mother and daughter are doing well!
NCBF NEWSLETTER/SOCIAL MEDIA/WEBSITE STATISTICS
NCBF greatly appreciates that our members are interested and involved in the programs and activities that are provided based upon your requests and needs. This Foundation Forum is the primary communications tool to inform our members of the services and benefits that are available. For your information, the average open rate for the Forum each month is 44%—the average open rate for association e-newsletters is between 25-30%.
NCBF has a presence on the following social media platforms:
- Instagram– 282 followers with specific posts every couple of days.
- LinkedIn– 26 followers primarily from legal and philanthropic entities.
- The Board has decided to not have an NCBF Facebook account at the present time.
NCBF’s website, ncbf.org, is the primary source of information for our members. The most recent quarterly report from Google Analytics stated that 1,264 persons visited the site at least once during the quarter with 1,006 visiting the site for the first time. There were 3,725 visits to all pages with the home page being the most frequently visited location.
Thank you! Please keep leaning in!